2020 HME Fire Trucks AF-WUI Base
Manufacturer: HME Fire Trucks
Model Name: AF-WUI
Trim Name: Base
Generic Type (Primary): Conventional with Sleeper
Engine PowerRating: 360-HP @2600 RPM
Engine TorqueRating: 800 lb ft @ 1800-RPM
Send us a message
2020 HME Fire Trucks AF-WUI Base
2020 HME Fire Trucks AF-WUI
The Ahrens-Fox Wildland Urban Interface (WUI™) effectively combines Type 1 and Type 3 functionality and performance.
THE PERFECT BALANCE OF WILDLAND AND INTERFACE FUNCTIONALITY
The AF-WUI merges the high-clearance capability of the Model 34 Type 3 Wildland with the functionality, exceptional handling, and storage capacity of the Model 18 Type 1 Interface. It’s the perfect balance of capabilities made to lead a revolution in wildland engineering and design.
INTRODUCING THE AF-WATER DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM™
The AF-WUI features an innovative and space-saving, patent-pending Water Distribution System™ optimizes water inlet and outlet configuration, around the truck, eliminating wasted space and creating more storage space for essential equipment and crew members’ gear. Our engineers have also integrated advanced glass screen pump controls, that can be operated, with just a touch of the finger, inside the cab or outside the truck, for greater efficiency and improved operator safety.
A 1500-GPM pump, with a foam and deck gun, provide additional structure protection capability. A diesel-driven pump supports pump-and-roll operations. The system incorporates two front bumper lines, two lines on each side of the truck, dual rear lines, a cross-lay bed, two booster reels and connections for relay pumping. An optional Ahrens-Fox MadDogxl Compressed Air Foam System, available in three ratings ranging up to 200-CFM, is also available. Ground sweep nozzles on the front bumper, allowing the truck to operate in Black or Red Zones.
GROUND CLEARANCE, CLEAN CAB, AND BODY DESIGNED TO CLIMB AND MOVE THROUGH WILDLAND OBSTACLE WITH EASE
Built on an HME Ahrens-Fox custom, high-clearance SFO® 4x4 chassis, the AF-WUI is designed to climb over off-road wildland obstacles that stop other apparatus in their tracks. An extreme tight-turn radius also allows the AF-WUI to negotiate twisting two-tracks and mountain trails with ease. Its 96” wide MFD-XL cab enhances crew comfort for high-mileage operations common in extended wildland operations. Super Single, or dual rear tire configurations, with optional automatic tire inflation systems, provide optimal float over a wide range of terrain and surfaces. A flat roof, free of obstructions, allows access under overhanging obstacles. A tough, corrosion-resistant Type 1 Interface body provides ample storage for specialized Wildland and Interface tools, gear and equipment.
Features may include:
- Merges Type 3 Wildland, Type 1 Interface, and HXR™ design and functionality
- Marmon Herrington 2-speed transfer case to provides low range for off-road control
- Tires: Michelin 444-50R22.5 low profile super singles, dual rear tires available
- Introduces patent-pending Distributed Water System™
- Incorporates Glass Screen Technology™ touch-screen pump controls
- 1500-GPM PTO driven pump
- 150-GPM diesel pump supports pump-and-roll operations
- MadDogxl automatic CAFs System is available in three ratings from 60 up to 200 CFM
- 30-gallon foam tank
- Two booster reels on top
- 45-cubic feet of hosebed storage
- Bumper mounted ground sweep nozzles
- SFOMFDxl 96-inch wide Cab enhances crew comfort
- Flat roof line clear of obstructions
- Hard top compartment covers
- 149-cubic feet of rescue equipment and tool storage
- Dual 7-cubic feet out-of-county storage compartments
- Incorporates extreme off-road lighting packages
- Whelen V-Series™, combination 180° warning and perimeter Lights
- Cab steps, cab, and compartment LED lighting offer selective red or white options
Wheels & Tires