Start your career with us today!
Careers at Border International
Would you like to join a winning team? Border is always striving to improve and bring on exceptional and self-driven individuals!
Although we are not currently hiring, we are always accepting applications for highly qualified applicants.
View our career positions below then apply using our universal application:
We'll update this page with open positions as they become available. Be sure to check back regularly. Thank you - Human Resources
Las Cruces, NM
Truck & Trailer Salesperson
- Pay Type: Full time
- Compensation: TBA
Sells new/used trucks and trailers while achieving and maintaining appropriate levels of gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction.
See full job listing and details here. Hide position details here.
NOTE: Border International unilaterally may change the requirements of this job description at any time. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. These include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Satisfies the transportation needs of new/used truck & trailer purchasers.
- Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses. Suggests alternative vehicles if necessary.
- Understands the terminology of the automobile business and keeps abreast of changes in product technology, incoming inventory, features, accessories, etc.
- Provides thorough product information and demonstration to all prospects.
- Offers test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customers before the test drive begins.
- Exhibits a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up system.
- Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
- Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
- Knows and understands equity and values and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
- Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager and presents properly completed paperwork (i.e., insurance information, trade title, etc.).
- Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery (i.e., cleans vehicles, fills the gas tank, and ensures all features are operational) prior to customer arrival.
- Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
- Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and the efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's service department.
- Schedules first service appointment.
- Follows up on all post-delivery items, tag/title work, “we-owes, “and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development and follow-up system.
- Works with the service department and body shop to ensure that vehicles are properly reconditioned on schedule.
- Attends sales meetings.
- Helps with the new/used truck & trailer inspection process.
- Helps to keep the sales department neat and clean.
- Maintains a professional business appearance.
- Writes complete sales orders and process paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Three years of Sales/Customer Service experience.
- Should be familiar with the Transportation industry.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, with knowledge of Microsoft, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
The commission will be 30% of gross profit on each truck or trailer sold. Both new and used. The employee will be responsible for selling New Trucks and Trailers, Used Trucks and Trailers, and handling Lease and Rental for Idealease.